The Farmer Cast On Strap machine has been the workhorse of the industry for over 35 years. Our early designs revolutionized the battery assembly process, and we continue to improve on that solid design and foundation.
The larger Farmer 5 Station COS is especially suited for heavier battery types including 4D/8D, L16 and larger, and has been designed to handle two 6-volt batteries per cycle.
The addition of a lug preheat and tinning station has been shown to improve the bond during the mold process. Today’s model boasts PLC Controls with operator interfaces, while hydraulic actions on all moving parts facilitate smoother machine function.
The Farmer COS machine offers one of the most attractive cost-competitive solutions to your Cast on Strap needs.
- PLC Controls with operator interface
- Production rates up to 4 batteries per minute
- Improved basket design for more reliable operation
- Improved ventilation in the loading and dropping stations
- Preheated quick-change mold and manifold tooling available
- Gas- or electric-fired lead-melting furnace
- One of the smallest machine footprints available
- Robust main drive indexing system with additional main shaft support
- Centralized lubrication points
- Advanced lead delivery system for improved strap thickness consistency
- Improved basket component design for reduced maintenance